Sunday, September 14, 2014

A Little Something About Me..

Hello All!

My name is Tora-Yoshida Chanel Jones. Since people butcher my first name, I generally go by my middle name, Chanel. I'm currently a junior here at Rhode Island College; majoring in Secondary Education as a full-time student. I have also been thinking about picking up Creative Writing as a minor. I transferred here from the Community College of Rhode Island last semester, and I'm quite happy with that decision so far. 

I'm currently taking this class because it is needed to get into the Feinstein School of Education. 

Besides going to school, my time is spent between being a mom and working two part-time jobs. My son Kegan is six years old, and has just entered the first grade (which he was totally excited for). Although, Kegan is my only human child, I also have a few four-legged children. Bark Lee, my super cute puppy who is almost a year old, as well as Leopard Spotted geckos, Buddy and Spicy.

Over the summer I spent my time working at my two part-time jobs. During the days, I worked at Ryan Family Amusements, which is an arcade. I absolutely love this job because I work with some of my best friends, and the company itself, is absolutely fabulous to their employees. During the evenings, I could be found at my night job, Bridge Liquors. I have been at both companies for over five years, and they have been very accommodating with me about with the hectic schedules motherhood and education bring. 

When I'm not in class, or at work, I love spending time with Kegan. I'm a big supporter of DIY projects, so Kegan and I will often make fun crafts together (homemade playdough, making figurines, paper mache... etc). There is also nothing better than going on hikes and walks with our pup. On rainy days, and the days I feel too lazy to go out, are often spent reading, playing video games, or watching TV. 

No comments:

Post a Comment